AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF APCNA
Association of Pakistani-Descent Cardiologists of North America (APCNA) is a non-profit, professional, educational organization incorporated in the United Sates of America and has no political affiliations.
- To foster scientific development and education in fields related to the circulatory system for the purpose of improving the quality of medicine and delivery of better health care, without regard to race, color, creed, gender or age.
- To assist physicians, nurses and technologist in orientation, adjustment, initiation and completion of their training in fields related to the circulatory system.
- To institute ways and means to cooperate with similar organizations in North America, Pakistan and other world forums.
- To encourage medical education and delivery of better health care in fields related to the circulatory system in Pakistan specifically by arranging donations of medical literature, medical supplies, arranging lecture tours, medical conferences and seminars in Pakistan.
- To participate in medical relief and other charitable activities both in Pakistan and North America.
- To inform and educate decision makers and opinion forming leaders in problems confronted by the medical community in general and Pakistani-American cardiologists in particular.
- To establish a forum for exchange of ideas between cardiologists of different backgrounds and fields of expertise in cardiovascular disease.
- To encourage clinical and basic science research in cardiovascular diseases in the United States and Pakistan.
- To actively participate and support efforts of the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and other organizations (e.g. ASE;ASNC etc.) in matters dealing with the governmental institutions with regard to regulations which affect the physicians.
- To organize an Annual meeting of the association on the Sunday night of the Annual Scientific Session of the ACC.
- To arrange an annual CME conference in Pakistan at the different medical schools by rotation.
- To promote joint academic programs with established cardiac societies in Pakistan.
- To arrange Mentorship programs for physicians, medical students and technologists in Pakistan who are interested in the field of cardiovascular diseases.
- To organize a visiting faculty program based on the needs of the medical institutions in Pakistan.
- To facilitate establishment of a regular exchange of information between the medical journals in Pakistan and members who are interested in publishing their scientific work