December 23, 24, & 25, 2011
The APCNA winter meeting 2011 in Peshawar was a big success. APCNA members were very busy throughout theiri stay in Pakistan and were involved in various events throughout the country from December 21, 2011 to January 3, 2012. (For Full Report >> Download PDF
APCNA meeting at Indus Hospital – December 21, 2011
• The APCNA was delighted to have Dr Thomas Crawford (Assistant Professor, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor) and a leader of the University of Michigan research group Project My Heart Your Heart visiting Indus Hospital, Karachi for this project.
APCNA Cardiology Lectures at Dow – December 22, 2011
• The APCNA members were invited to DOGANA Winter Meeting and Conference. The Cardiology Lectures on Day 3 of the conference were delivered by the APCNA members.
APCNA lecture, BLS course – PMA Karachi – December 22, 2011
• The APCNA activity at the PMA house started with a lecture on Acute Coronary Syndrome delivered by Dr. Javed Suleman. It was followed by a panel discussion on the topic. The second half consisted of BLS training at the PMA house for the health care workers headed by Dr. Wajid Baig.
The 20th Biennial Cardiology Conf. – December 23-25, 2011
• The 20th Biennial Cardiology Conference was held in Peshawar from December 23 – 25, 2011. Prof Mohammad Hafizullah was the convenor of the conference and Barrister Syed Masood Kausar was the chief guest and the Minister health Syed Zahir Ali Shah was the guest of honour on the inaugural ceremony. President of Pakistan Cardiac Society welcomed the guests and explained the vision of the society. The Secretary of the society highlighted the role of Pakistan Cardiac Society. Dr Arshad Rehan of APCNA appreciated the joint efforts of APCNA and Pakistan Cardiac Society
The First ACC-PCS Joint Session on Cardiac Imaging
• The 20th biennial international cardiology conference was held at Pearl Continental Hotel Peshawar on 23rd-25th December 2011. An important landmark of the conference was the first joint session in Pakistan of the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and Pakistan Cardiac Society (PCS) held on December 24th 2011.
Dr. Nawab Khan – APCNA – Rotary Pacemaker Bank Inaugurated
•The Pacemaker Bank was inaugurated on December 27th. 2011 in Peshawar. The New Pacemaker Bank will be run by the Cardiology team at Lady Reading Hospital and the Rotary Club of Peshawar. It will serve the patients of greater Peshawar area as well as all of Khyber Pakhtunkwha.
And more … Download >> eNewsletter